sábado, 5 de junho de 2010

incomplete gigs













I'm being a bit lazy with the blog...I definitely should start to write more often on this e-diary.
Last thursday was kind of a diferent day. I went with Daan (studio Roosegaard's director and, obviously, my "boss") to the Assen, up in the north of The Netherlands. We had to put the Flow artpiece together for an exibithion this weekend so we drove two and a half hours to get there, put the flow together in one and a half hours and then drove back again to the studio. The day was ok, Daan was fairly upset with the fact that the people at the gallery didn't give us lunch, so we went to have lunch at the local fast food/hamburguer shop. I had my first Frikandele and it's actually good.

Later in the evening Xiu Xiu was playing at Ekko (my new favourite place to go out in Utrecht, it's sort of a dutch version of La [2], which gives me hope that I can get a good night there someday). Supporting Xiu Xiu was this band called Woom, who got me scared in the beggining with all those experimental and weird noises that they were doing but hopefully they quit that and turned out to be a good gig.
Now Xiu Xiu, that's another story. I wasn't expecting that the guy was so ugly and weird looking, these indie people sometimes can be a bit freaky, and no one was expecting that European/American electrical incompatibilities on the speakers would get the show finished at half of the time. Jamie Stewart (Xiu Xiu's frontman) had an electric shock while trying to fix the amplifier, got pissed, started to yell fuck really loud and slapped a bottle of water that was standing on top of the speaker, which went straight into a guy's face on the pit. Funny moment of the gig, they decided to end the show there and play 3 acoustic songs, after politely apologize the audience for the sound problems. I luv the oh valey was played with the help of a Nintendo DS and sounded really good.

Not exactly the same, but close to it:

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário